MeteoNetwork weather station network data is available through the REST API.
You have various options to access different types of meteorological data (daily data, raw data, interpolated data, etc.).
MeteoNetwork is committed to open data, as the information is licensed under CC-BY 4.0
- You need a myMeteoNetwork account. Register here for free!
- Get a STANDARD token by /login method. You will find the token in the response.
- Now, you can make a request using Bearer authentication scheme, including a HTTP header
Authorization: Bearer <token>
curl --request POST \ --url https://api.meteonetwork.it/v3/login \ --header 'Content-Type: multipart/form-data' \ --form email@example.com \ --form password=password
Some bulk methods require a BULK type token. Read the documentation to request a BULK token type through the /login method (additional information is required about the activity you are going to perform).
STANDARD or BULK token difference
Bulk methods are resource-intensive requests and are reserved to specific usage.
BULK token request
Before you begin, please carefully read the following terms and conditions that govern access and use of our Bulk API service. Accessing and using the Bulk APIs implies unconditional acceptance of these terms.
- Trial Period: Once registration for the Bulk APIs is completed, the service will be available in trial mode for a period of 30 days. During this period, users can explore and evaluate the features offered by the service.
- Activation Confirmation: To confirm the activation of Bulk APIs after the trial period, it is mandatory to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, provide precise details about the purpose of using the service. The request will be evaluated by the MeteoNetwork Association, which reserves the right to accept or reject the request.
- Service Duration: If the MeteoNetwork Association deems the request valid, the service will have a duration of one year from the activation confirmation. At the end of this period, it will be necessary to renew the request to continue using the Bulk APIs.
- User Obligations: Users are required to comply with applicable regulations when using the Bulk APIs. In case of a violation of these terms, the MeteoNetwork Association reserves the right to terminate access to the service.
- Changes to Terms: The MeteoNetwork Association reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions. Users will be informed of significant changes. Continued use of the Bulk APIs after such changes will constitute acceptance of the modified terms.
Thank you for choosing MeteoNetwork.it. For questions or clarifications, contact us via the email address provided above.
You can find all methods here. Include your token in the Authorization header.
cURL Example to Single Weather Station Realtime Data (invalid token)
curl --request GET \ --url 'https://api.meteonetwork.it/v3/data-realtime/lmb015?observation_date=2020-01-01' \ --header 'Authorization: Bearer 99|eyhi35h2ui5hi3u45ughwiuhi4h5i23h5i2h35uoi23'
Our platform and database are available under CC-BY 4.0 license. Please read License terms
Policies for using the MeteoNetwork Services
MeteoNetwork APIs are provided to query the MeteoNetwork weather database. Clients can be blocked without warning if they affect the service level for others or cause data corruption.
Using the API, the user agrees to:
- Use the data attribution license;
- Do not actively or passively encourage copyright infringement;
- Present yourself with a valued and real User-Agent.
- Maximum 1 request per second;
- Maximum 1 thread.
Individual services are subject to throttling. Contact us if you need to exceed the standard limits.
You can contact us at email@example.com